Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town modernizes the classic point and click so dear to our heart.
Out now on GOG and Steam is Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town a pirate-themed tribute to Monkey Island. It’s being released by developer Imaginarylab and VLG. The game is $19.99 but is currently being discounted for an entire week by 15% in celebration of its launch. If your a fan of point and clicks like we are here at Bg4ghub then nows the time to pick this one up.
I personally, like many other gamers from the early ’90s have a special place in my heart for the Monkey Island series. And anything that follows its pirate based theme catches my attention immediately. VLG had some words to share.
“Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town hearkens back to the days we played point-and-click classics like Day of the Tentacle and the Monkey Island series way past our bedtime,” says Daniele Falcone, General Manager at VLG. “Old school fans can finally experience this beloved genre with contemporary mechanics and introduce their kids to a type of game we don’t see enough of today.”
Although Daniele states we don’t see enough of this genre these days, from a gamer’s perspective I have noticed an enormous uptick and interest in the genre. The indie community loves its point and click genre and will always welcome more.
More about the game
Willy Morgan takes a modernized 3D approach to the side-scrolling genre. It still offers the classic point and click adventure with clues to collect and puzzles to solve. As Willy uncovers details regarding his father’s mysterious disappearance, old and new fans are able to enjoy the hilarious dialogue, playful characters, and wonderful cartoon graphics.
- Non-linear gameplay – Explore without constraint, collect items and solve stimulating puzzles.
- Unique graphic style – A fantastical world with a magical atmosphere.
- Full HD quality – Cinematographic cutscenes and over 50 locations to see.
- A pirate world with a modern twist – Pirates and computers? Why not?!
- 15 NPCs to interact with – Learn about the story through several hours of interactive dialogues packed with irony and easter eggs.
- Original soundtrack – More than two hours of original music.
For more news, reviews and opinions head back to the home page HERE