Next Generation is kicking off in the next year or so and here’s my list of things I think will rock about next generation consoles. With features like 8K and high frame rate gaming being buzzwords of next generation, you can bet that these next consoles will be kick-ass. Some of these exciting features are not one hundred percent certain as E3 is around the corner, but these are some of the features I believe are important to us gamers.
1. Loading Times – Loading times will be greatly reduced by using an M.2 SSD. Sony has already showed off these Load Times using Spider Man. Games will load in under one second according to Sony! We can expect that same performance on Xbox’s SSD technology also.
2. HDMI 2.1 – this new Specification of HDMI is faster than ever and can handle much more Bandwidth than 2.0. This will allow resolutions of 8K 30Hz and 4K 120Hz. This will also allow Variable Refresh Rate which is already being Implemented on Xbox One X.
3. Streaming on the Cloud – We have all heard about cloud gaming for the last few years but it will actually become a reality in the coming generation of consoles. Xbox is releasing X Cloud and Sony already has PS Now. Also, Sony is purchasing the rights to use Microsoft’s Azure Cloud for there PS5 and PS Now.
4. VR Compatible – Sony already has PSVR and Xbox has talked about compatibility third party headsets. Hopefully these Gen consoles will power the next awesome leap to AR and VR.
5. Backwards Compatibility – Xbox is already Backwards Compatible all the way to the OG Xbox and I believe PS4 will be doing the same for PS5. That means you can take all your games and accessories with you to Next Gen.
These five things are what I expect from the next generation consoles and more! We will have more news as soon as we get to E3 next week, so stay tuned for updates
Greg with Pizzles Tech Time